Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Forum

Fatigue and weight gain, exhausted every relevant blood test

I'm a 22 year old female, 5' 8" and usually 125 lbs - right now I'm 133. I've been suffering from fatigue for about 4 months now and gained 8 lbs (and still seems to be climbing) for no apparent reason. I've been to the doctor several times and they've exhausted every relevant blood test. Everything seems normal. My blood sugar came back at 54 mg/dl once and then 99 a week later. I've been monitoring it at home for a few days and its dropped twice to 49 and 54. I check it when I feel particularly weak/tired and it's always been normal...

I have not changed any eating or exercise habits, and its so hard to push myself to exercise more since I'm always exhausted...
On top of that, my libido has dropped significantly, though I'm assuming it's because I'm always tired.
My protein S level came back a bit low but I was told by my hematologist that it's no big deal.

I haven't changed medications and I've been on both Wellbutrin and birth control for a few years without side effects.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 24th, 2014
I had a splenectomy when I was twelve to combat Chronic ITP. I have no family history of any major medical disorders. I work 33 hours a week as a nanny for one 17 month old girl.
|

replied March 24th, 2014
Extremely eHealthy
If you have had all the blood tests I suppose that included a thyroid test?

I expect you have slowed down and reduced your activity levels in response to your fatigue. That could explain your weight gain.

As other tests have been negative I suggest you ask your doctor to test for ME (myalgic encephalomyelitis) or chronic fatigue syndrome that is sometimes referred to as yuppie flu.

Good luck!
|

replied March 25th, 2014
Thanks! And yes, my thyroid levels were good.
|
Must Read
What is chronic fatigue syndrome? We outline the medical definition and different types of CFS in this intro section....
What causes chronic fatigue? And who does it affect? We outline the main factors doctors think contribute to CFS in this section....
Symptoms of chronic fatigue are also common to other disorders. Learn to identify CFS symptoms and when to seek medical help here....