Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

fatigue and sometimes feeling unbalanced when walking

User Profile
For the past 3 months, I have been going through anxiety, panic attacks, and depression. The main cause that got me into this mess was a short dizzy spell that occurred, and for a while I couldn't shake that thought that it might happen any second, or that I might just faint. When I'm anxious, I feel lightheaded, I eventually feel very worn out, and then I start to obsess about my health. It's a terrible cycle I am controlling my anxiety and panic attacks much better, but I still feel pretty tired, and lazy. I don't feel like doing much sometimes, but I still do go to university, do my assignments, and go out with friends. I posted here a bunch of times for several reasons, and a lot of people have given good advice. But I honestly keep thinking I have cancer, or some sort of disease. the only major symptoms I have is the fatigue, and sometimes feeling unbalanced when walking around, especially in public places, thats it. I did all the tests, most are normal. What do I do?

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile DoctorQuestion
|

User Profile
replied October 17th, 2011
Anxiety and Stress Answer A27795
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum

You seem to be suffering from Generalised Anxiety Disorder and all the symptoms described by you and investigations being normal are indicative of that.
You can very easily overcome this and I would encourage you to do these things.
1)Focus on getting a proper sleep each night.
2)Eat a well balanced diet.
3)Exercise daily - extremely important in anxiety management.
4)Consider meditation exercises.
5)Surround yourself with supportive friends and family
6)Decrease sugar intake in diet.
7)Indulge in interesting hobbies.
These will relax your tension to a large extent and you will find your life interesting. There are some drugs like escitalopram (lexapro), sertraline, etc which can help you in early recovery but these should be taken only after proper consultation with your doctor.
Though I would not recommend medications at such a young age but if allthese things do not help then consider visiting a Physician for evaluation,treatment and counselling sessions.
All of these things together will serve you well and I am confident you will feel progressively more mentally healthy as the days go on.
Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Anxiety and Stress , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.