Hello everybody. I am teenage boy, not fat, but could maybe lose a bit of weight. I'm a real worrier. The smallest of things to do with my health I worry about. Recently I have noticed that my heart seems to be beating a little fast. I can feel it even at rest, and it really worries me. I didn't want to ask my parents because I knew they'd just tell me nothing and say I'd be fine, so I wanted to ask people who can actually give me proper help/advise. Like I said male and a little over weight, heart beat feels like its racing. As I said i get very anxious about my health so was wondering if stress/anxiety could be a cause of this? What is my problem if any? No chest pains or breathing difficulties etc. I feel fine in my self but my heart feels as if it beats to fast. I noticed it a little in bed this morning but then throughout the day it either stopped or I didnt notice it, its only now ive settled down that ive noticed it again. Any help would be appreciated :)

male
A little overweight, not much
No pain
I am very worried so thanks on advance!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 19th, 2014
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

Normally we don't seem to feel our internal organs or the heart beating. When we notice unpleasant beating of the heart , they are referred to as palpitations. They are mostly related to anxiety. Get an ECG done to detect any rhythm abnormality. BMI i.e body mass index if in range then there is no need of labeling yourself as overweight. you can calculate yours by doing weight in kgs/height in meters squared. Take yoga and meditation as routine , eat a wholesome diet , do regular exercise and set a routine for each week, you will do just fine

Best of luck

wishing you best of health

thanks

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Heart Disease and Heart Attack , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.