Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....
I'm don't really know if I have a issue. I constantly Daydream, I find myself before bed bored and in a fantasy world. Sometimes I talk in real life while daydreaming about my fantasy world. I don't even realize it until later when someone tells me I was talking to myself. Other times I find myself doing it when I'm sad or upset. I don't actually know if I do it on purpose or not. It's really confusing and then I start to actually believe that what I'm daydreaming about is me. For example in my fantasy world I usually go by Nicole. A demon from hell with a upset demon father. I think I made my father an upset person was because in reality my father gets upset easily. Anyway sometimes I forget my real name. I also have depression and anxiety. So I get upset when I stop daydreaming because I wish so much that I could be apart of that world. Sometimes I believe death is the only way to make my daydreaming become true. When I don't talk to someone that's when the daydreaming starts. I tell my friends I am not right in the head and no one really believes me. Also sometimes in my daydreaming I see myself as a man and that really confuses me in reality because then I want to be like that man. I tried labeling myself as gender fluid and pan sexual but i only feel these ways after certain daydreams. I don't have a therapist but I know I need one before its too late. I'm only 15 and I really don't know what is wrong with me. When people say my real name is sounds wrong and I feel upset or when someone points out I'm human and not a supernatural thing from my daydreaming. The daydreaming is also affecting my dreams and relationships because most of the characters in my daydreaming are insane and sometimes I believe that I am them or I want to be them and I threaten people or say some things I really shouldn't say. I call the daydreaming my happy place. If anyone knows what I am experiencing please respond
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 5th, 2018
also I forgot to mention the only way to block these day dreams while I'm trying to go to bed is to listen to music. It blocks them out and helps me sleep better
|

replied July 10th, 2018
Experienced User
It is unfortunately common to employ defense mechanisms that actually enhance your own emotional suffering. And of course, what we want you to employ are resources that help you recover not defense mechanisms that keep you stuck. You have suffered enough from the pathological love relationship and the last thing you need is for your own psychology to be working against you.
|
Quick Reply