Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Disorder Forum

Family talking to principal

Now I've found out (quite accidentally) that 2 family members (the ones I've complained about in other threads -- 1 parent and 1 sibling) have now gone behind my back and called the principal of the school where my child attends.

I'm not sure why they think it's necessary to talk to the principal.

I'm not sure why they took it upon themselves to do this without involving me.

If there was a problem with my child, I would know about it.

If something needs to be taken care of, I'll take care of it.

But it really irks me that they've done this.

As far as I can tell, there was an attempt to get the principal on the telephone, but it wasn't successful. Now they're waiting to get a return phone call or try calling principal again.

I'm sitting here, fuming that this is going on.

I have no idea what it could be about.

My first thought was to go over to the school office and remove their names from the contact cards that I filled out the beginning of the school year. They were on there as emergency contacts.

I am not an unift mother!

And now I'm doubting the trust I've had in my sibling because it appears my sibling is carrying on, back and forth, finding out information from me and sharing it with the parent. Then if the parent wants to know something, the sibling comes to find out from me and report back.

Or am I paranoid?

Nope, I'm not totally paranoid because I saw emails that weren't meant for my eyes.

Grrrrrrrrrrr!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 13th, 2008
Supporter
yo.. that is wacked! i'm sure the anticipation is killing you. keep us posted! puzzld
|

replied November 14th, 2008
I went in at school this morning and talked to the principal. Stressed that I am the one to contact if there are any concerns, NOT family members who are listed as emergency contacts only if they can't find me in a true emergency.

Hopefully they won't think I'm a lunatic.

Principal said my child is doing well, no problems, my child is earning the highest grades he's ever earned, nothing at all wrong to warrant a conference or the need for principal to contact anyone.

Just SO incredibly frustrating to know that something is going on behind my back!

Thanks for listening.

B
|
Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...