Hi Smile

I'm twenty years old and I have FAP. I had regular check ups from being 11 and had a subtotal colectomy in July last year. The operation itself went okay with few problems and I was back at home in 6 days.

I think in posting this I'm hoping to find someone outside of my family that has the same condition or had the same or similar operation that I had because it would be really great for me to share experiences with someone.

14 months since my operation I still have problems with pain and discomfort after eating, and my stomach muscles are still quite sensitive to anything vaguely active. I understand that 14 months isn't such a long period of time considering the size of the operation, but the only other person I know to have had the operation is my mother, and I don't think that we discuss everything properly as she doesn't want to panic me or make me worry.

I would very much appreciate anything that anyone has to share, and if there's something that you want to know from me then I'm more than happy to share as well. Thank you. Very Happy
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 10th, 2012
FAP
You may want to contact my daughter that FAP, she has a set of videos on YouTube,
Her channel is FAPulous TV and she has connected with lots of young people.

Good Luck. As noone else in my family has the condition, it sometimes is hard to relate to everything that is going on.
|

replied October 17th, 2012
Hi! My husband was just diagnosed with FAP last Monday. He is already set to have his colon removed on Nov 7. He is only 25.Hi! My husband was just diagnosed with FAP last Monday. He is already set to have his colon removed on Nov 7. He isk only 25. We also have a 3 year old daughter that we are going to get tested. I would love to hear your experience. We are so new to this and dont really know what to expect. We also have a 3 year old daughter that we are going to get tested. I would love to hear your experience. We are so new to this and dont really know what to expect.
|

replied November 13th, 2012
Only 2 replies? :O

I had my first flexible sigmoidoscopy today.
After months of worrying, and two and a half hours sat in hospital clothes the actual procedure was over in less than ten minutes.
|