I am a 29 year old male. not diabetic. non smoker. not obese. dont drink. no family history of heart disease. about 3 months ago i had a bout of anxiety an recorded an ECG which showed the following:1) Sinus Tachycardia 137 bpm 2) Possible inferior myocardial infarction with posterior extension probably old. I never had an episode of chest pain and follow up ECHO was normal. Should I be worried?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 2nd, 2019
Unless there are Q waves in the inferior leads that clearly showed a previous myocardial infarction then a probable /possible diagnosis is unlikely.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Heart Disease and Heart Attack , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.