i just don't know what to do i'm 28 years old. and my mother thinks that she still has the right to control everything in my life. she told me many times that if i'm going to get married with a man who has a son it will be a tragedy for my family for her friends for my friends and for all my country and that she will never talk to me and that she guaranties that i will lost everything, money, homes, all property, work and that the worst thing is that she swears that she will do horrible things to a son of my boyfriend. and as i know her she will do all this things. i don't care money or anything like that i believe myself, im a quite good professional and i will always find a way to earn money, but i cant stand her control. the truth is that problems not in my boyfriend problem is that i will not give her the right to control my life. the most valuable thing for me is a freedom and i will do everything to protect it. so i have decided to leave my country and everything i have here include my boyfriend and property. i prefer to start my life from zero than live in a country with my mom. but on the other hand there is my father and i love him very much and he has a health problem with heart and it can kill him. so i don't know what to do if i go it would hurt my father but if i stay here i will just die. i have already tried to commite a suicide (bthw as my mother told to me next morning, that she came to my room that night and saw how i couldn't even breath, i could die each moment and she didn't call ambulance because she was afraid: "what our neighbors will say") so i really don't know what to do i don't want to go but i cant stay here

i just need advice
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 1st, 2013
I suggest you move out of your family's home (as you say you have a pretty good means of making a living). Put some distance between you and your mother, but not so much that you and your dad can't stay in touch.
I hope that helps.
|

User Profile
replied April 1st, 2013
Experienced User
That is a predicament, and I'm sorry you had to go through that. Well, family will always be family. You can't choose them, and you can't turn them away as well. I suggest you move out of your house, stay somewhere on your own and keep in touch with your father. Explain everything to him (I'm sure he already has an idea of what you're going through), and start living on your own. Your mother seems to be the manipulative type, so I don't believe she will change that easily. But then, who am I to judge, right? Just keep an open communication with your father. Perhaps he can help you out.
|
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....