Medical Questions > Womens Health > Infertility Forum

Fallopian tubes are blocked. Will they allow me to get HSG?

User Profile
I have been seeing an acupuncturist who also does acupressure. After doing my first acupressure session, she told me my Fallopian tubes are blocked. For a second I was upset but then it donned on me that it may make sense. My fiance and I have not been protecting ourselves for over three years now and not once have we gotten pregnant. After realizing that, it made me wonder what the heck was going on so I had my Fiance go get a S/A. His results came back great so then I decided to start temping to confirm ovulation. I ovulated every month while also using OPKs. We timed perfectly. I also got my estradiol and FSH tested and those results also came back great too. Months later, here I am. I am only 22 and it is scaring me that I may be infertile. When I go to the OBGYN to tell them about my acupressure session and what she found, what will they say? Will they allow me to get an HSG? She told me the scarring could get worse if I don't get help. Will the Dr allow it even though im only 22?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied January 25th, 2013
Infertility Answer A41805
Welcome to ehealthforum,
If all your other factors have come back normal, then getting patency of fallopian tubes checked can be requested. You can consider discussing with your doctor/gynecologist about the acupressure findings and your evaluation results along with your temperature chart. If you have not been successful in pregnancy plans within 6 months to 1 year of trying, then further evaluation would be necessary to rule out other underlying causes. Request for getting HSG test done and proceed with further plans and treatment based on the results. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Infertility , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.