Medical Questions > Mental Health > Sleep Disorders Forum

falling asleep at any given time no matter where I am

User Profile
Doctor, I have been having a problem with falling asleep at any given time no matter where I am even if I am standing up on my feet at work or driving. I have also noticed that it happened even when I have just woken up. What do you think it could be.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 9th, 2016
Sleep Disorders Answer A58758
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Sleep disorders need evaluation, mostly attributed to anxiety and depression however other causes of hypersomnia needs to be correlated clinically.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sleep Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.