Medical Questions > Parenting > Toddlers Forum

Falling and breaking arm

My 18 month old that was born c-section and has a skeletal immaturity was playing and fell from a distance of over 3 feet and hit a very hard wooden bed and his arm ended up broken. DHS took him and his brother away from me and refuses to give them back. I need to know why they say that he could not have fallen and broken his arm. I saw what happened I just did not get there in time to catch him.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 20th, 2009
Community Volunteer
When a child that small falls from a distance more than his height, it is very reasonable to question what the supervising adult was doing when it happened. Even a child without a skeletal immaturity would have a chance of breaking something when falling like that.

I do not know why they are saying that, especially if they are not giving him the proper medical attention: he could lose his arm if it really is broken: but you need to pursue immediately it legally if you want the issue resolved.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: arm, feet
Quick Reply
Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....