Medical Questions > Abortion > Medical Abortion Forum

Failed Medical Abortion?

I took my first pill oct 4th and my second pills the 6th. I Started spotting 6 hours after taking the second pills, but completly stopped about 3-4 hours later. I never really bled, just a bit on the napkin when i whipped. I didnt have any cramps or blood clots and actually woke up the next morning still having morning sickness. I called the clinic that Monday, and told them about what happened and they just told me I had to wait until my next appointment, that there was nothing they could do. So its been almost 3 weeks I go back to them in 2 days, I would be 7 weeks now. and I look like Im atleast 15 weeks. Im showing big time, and can no longer hide the fact that im pregnant, Im getting bigger and my boobs are getting fuller. I have strangers even asking how far along I am, Im small figured weighing 118, I have two kids already, they are 1 and 2, and were only 11 months apart. Which is why I went through the Med. Abort.

My question... What is going to happen at my next visit ? What if the pills failed? I know they advise you to get an abortion to complete the termination if the pills didnt work. but my only concer is .. I know Im going to be scared by vac abortion. more like tramatized... even thinking about it gives me panic attacks. I dont think I could do it... ALSO If the pills just didnt complete abortion but it is just a sac still, I know your body will pass it on its own. So is there any chance of miscarriage if the pill failed?

Deep down inside i didnt even want to take the plan B that my husbdan got me, let alone take the abortion pill... I wanted another baby, I got my IUD removed to get pregnant. But my hubby didnt want any idea of a baby. I dont know if I can handle going in there and finding out Im having a 'contuined pregnancy' and them say I need a Vac abortion. So what is the procedure for failed abortions or contuined pregnancys?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 24th, 2012
I had the medical abortion done (I was about 4 weeks and 3 days). I took the pills, bled and clotted for a few hours afterwards, then bled pretty lightly for about a week and 1/2 after.
Physically I was in a lot of pain and sore for 4-5 days after, but felt better after a week. I was so relieved.
Then I went to my follow-up appointment, they did the ultrasound only to find out that it didn't work.
The next day they scheduled me for the aspiration procedure. I was scared to death! That's the whole reason I did the medical procedure in the first place.
They went through the whole process of checking my iron levels, gave me another ultrasound and put me in a room. They gave me medication for nausea, then a twilight anesthesia. They also gave me a general anesthesia for my cervix. I barely remember what happened. All I remember is that I felt a sucking pressure which wasn't painful, but uncomfortable it lasted about a minute. Then it was over. I had this done on Friday and it is now Wednesday, and I still feel somewhat sore, but there is no waiting, or what if's. I know the procedure is done.
I wish you the best of luck. But listen to your body, if you feel something isn't right keep calling and badgering the clinic. It's your body and your health that could be at risk! I'd suggest that if there is any tissue left to get the aspiration done, because while that tissue remains, you can develop an infection that can end up causing more problems in the long run.
Hope all goes well for you!
|

replied October 29th, 2012
update
Hello, I went back to the clinic thursday, and after the ultrasound they determined that the pills did not work, but I was still at 3 weeks. I really did not want to get the aspirated abortion... but through pressure and last minute reactions they handed me the paper and i signed.

Within an hour i was undressed from the waist down and was laying flat on the table with my legs up. I was bawling my eyes out, crying more then i should i suppose. I hated everything... taking the pills would have been easy if it worked. I will never forgive my self for this now. My best friend had her baby one day after my abortion, and its so hard for me to let him go. Ive been crying alot lately, and i cant stop thinking about it. I dont have insurance and cant go get help. Im extreamly depressed and really wish i wouldnt of even taken the pills. I just hold my children and cry. how long does it take before one stops guilting themseves?
|

replied February 25th, 2013
i had a medical abortion on feb 14th at 7 weeks bt nothing passed while i was at the clinc so they made me another appointment for 21st for a scan but on the 17th i got out of the shower feeling vey unwell as i go out of the shower blood gushed out everywhere and there was 3 very big clots i then bled very heavy for 3-4 yours but 3 days later the bleeding stopped completly i went back for the scan and the scan shows i am still pregnant but there is no heartbeat and stopped growing at 8 weeks how can this be possible i am now booked in for surgical proceedure i am so scared
|

replied February 25th, 2013
i had a medical abortion on feb 14th at 7 weeks bt nothing passed while i was at the clinc so they made me another appointment for 21st for a scan but on the 17th i got out of the shower feeling vey unwell as i go out of the shower blood gushed out everywhere and there was 3 very big clots i then bled very heavy for 3-4 yours but 3 days later the bleeding stopped completly i went back for the scan and the scan shows i am still pregnant but there is no heartbeat and stopped growing at 8 weeks how can this be possible i am now booked in for surgical proceedure i am so scared
|
Must Read
A D&C is a standard procedure. But it can be scary when you don't know what to expect. Learn about what happens during dilation and curettage to prepare yoursel...
Dilation and curettage, or D & C for short, is a procedure that is used to diagnose and treat a number of womens health conditions. What are some goals of a D a...
A D&C usually is free of problems, and the recovery period for the procedure is short. But knowing about possible complications can help you detect problems ea...