Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Spinal Injuries Forum

2 failed back surgeries and depression

Hi everyone. I recently had two back surgeries within 8 weeks of each other. I thought after my doctor did the second one, things would start getting better. I was wrong. My back doesn't seem to be healing and I am mentally exhausted. I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety when I was in my teens. It hasn't been much of an issue lately until my surgeries. I just feel so lost and sad all the time. I have such a supportive husband and family but nothing seems to be pulling me from my funk. Has anyone been through this? Advice? Ways to get out of this depression funk? Anything would be so wonderful. Thank you so much.
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....