Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Multiple Sclerosis Forum

Facial tingling on one side when touching roof of mouth

Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....
This is my first post here. I am scheduled to be getting an MRI shortly of the head and neck, and I am a nurse. I have not been diagnosed and I have never had any MS symptoms before the last few months (there's other ones too I won't mention here). But this one symptom is puzzling. Let me now if you have had this before or know what it is!
For a month now if my tongue touches the roof of my mouth on the right side, I get a sensation (pins and needles/ tingling/prickling) tp the right side of my face that seems to possibly correspond with the trigeminal nerve (all 3 divisions). For example, if I touch where my front teeth are I always feel it near my eye. By the middle: the cheek. By the back: the chin.
So weird. Thanks for reading!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 16th, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Yes,go for MRI brain as in 45% of cases MS presents as clinically isolated syndrome in the form of motor or sensory neuropathy.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Multiple Sclerosis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.