This last week i have had a painful zit on my temple. I attempted to relieve it but made the swelling much worse. I finally got it that night but when i woke up i had swelling that extended to under my eye. I cant afford a doctors visit so I tried several different things. I used an anti bacterial cream. I tried a anti allergen and it didn't help. Finally that night I drank a good bit of alcohol and within hours the swelling was nearly gone!! Is there anything about alcohol that would reduce swelling that fast? doctor
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 28th, 2018
No there is no such property of alcohol to act as an anti-inflammatory agent. Most likely it would reduce the pain associated with the swelling. I would strongly advise against applying any home based remedy/ treatment in this case and would advise you to consult a doctor as soon as possible. If appropriate then you can upload an image of the swelling here to comment further.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.