Anyone had facelift in Toronto? Am looking one for my friend who is in Ontario. Got a list of Plastic Surgeons, but dont know how to fond a reliable one. Please advice?
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied March 1st, 2013
Especially eHealthy

I am sorry, but I am not familiar with the surgeons in the Toronto area.

However, when looking for a plastic surgoen to do face lifts, you should make sure that the surgeon has done extra trainging in aesthetic surgery (face lifts, blethroplasties (eyelid lifts), tummy tucks, etc).

Plastic surgeons are usually trained by doing a two year fellowship after a general surgery, orthopedic surgery, or ENT residency. This two year fellowship trains them is a broad area of plastic surgery: the aesthetic proceudres, reconstruction, flap transfers, microsurgery, etc, etc.

So, then, a plastic surgeon usually will decide what area he/she is really interested in and then do extra training in that specific area. So, you want to look for one that has done extra training in aesthetic surgery, or one who has been in the aesthetic field for a long time and thus has a lot of experience.

Hope that helps some. Good luck.
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Recovery
Quick Reply