Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

face gets red, hives, itches and stings, never sweats?

User Profile
when im about to sweat, my face breaks out into hives, itches and stings. My face gets so hot too.
however my face never sweats even if i try so much. seems like somethings is clogging my sweat
glands. my face gets completely red and gets an pleasant feeling that it almost hurts.
feels like the face thickens and my pores start to enlarge when im about to sweat.
please help me... is there a skin disorder related to this?
Also i had severe acne and my face gets completely red and stings except for my eye area,chin area, and nose when im about to sweat.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 30th, 2012
Skin Answer A39156
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum and thanks for writing

There is a probability you might be having Rosacea. It is a skin disorder where the nose and cheeks are temporarily red and might itch. It is much worse when consume a hot drink or alcohol, or when have eat spicy foods or are in hot environments. It requires a clinical examination to comment regarding the exact cause.

If you do have rosacea, the best treatment would be a lengthy course of an antibiotic called tetracycline. It usually suppresses the symptoms but it doesn't cure the problem completely.Rosacea tends to recur after 5-10 years, but then usually disappears all by itself.

Flushing may be improved by medications such as beta-blockers, which you can obtain from your doctor.The symptoms may be controlled with medications but not cured.Some suggestions:
1.Avoid stress as it can worsen the symptoms.

2.Do some yoga and meditation exercises.

3. Use sunscreen while going out.

4.Avoid spicy food and alcohol intake.

5.Avoid face products containing skin irritants and use non comedogenic products.

Kindly visit a Physician for evaluation and medications.

Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.