Medical Questions > Mental Health > Addiction, Recovery Forum

Face flushing and severe clenching

User Profile
I Have been suffering from an illness I have no Idea about, It is, Physical symptoms,Face Flushing, lips turning RED, involuntary Severe clenching (jaw,larynx,neck,back,straining eyes,tongue pressing teeth, or tongue clenching) Involuntary head tilting, Feeling of detached from reality,severe paranoia,hands and feet cold,high pitch voice due to pressure,extreme discomfort and pain+ depression due to this... I had these symptoms for 10 years I am a 26 year old male, I try to eat right and exercise, I was dealing with this since the age of 18 medicating these symptoms w/ alcohol which has caused more problems in my life, Now I have not had a drink in 7 months, I am dealing with these symptoms full force, I am trying to pursue medical help, but might be going on the wrong path, I have had blood work done, and nothing came up relating to thyroid,blood sugar,STD's, and whatever they might test for when explaining these issues in a emergency room.

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

User Profile
replied April 14th, 2009
Addiction, Recovery Answer A6315

According to the symptoms you reported, you might be experiencing mental health problem with some somatic symptoms (vasodilatation of the blood vessels causing flushing face and lips, involuntary spasm of muscles causing clenching, head tilting).
Whether the condition is really bipolar disorder can not be told without detailed observation for longer period by psychiatrist who would also determine the adequate therapy.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Flu basics - what is the flu? Get started here to learn how to protect yourself....
Who is at risk of developing flu related complications? Can people die from the flu? More on risk factors here....
We answer your questions on flu symptoms here. How are cold and flu symptoms different? When should you seek medical help for flu? Plus more....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Addiction, Recovery , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.