Three days ago during a cave tour in Guatemala I fell from about 10-12 feet. I landed on my feet and did not hit my head but I have been experiencing bad pain in my left eye since. For about an hour right after the fall I was seeing spots and feeling dizzy. Those symptoms subsided but the pain in my eye has continued. What could be causing this?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

User Profile
replied December 19th, 2014
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

Slit lamp exam and intra ocular pressure measurements should be done in consult with an ophthalmologist. OCT can also be done subsequently if any abnormality is suspected. You can take ibuprofen 600 mg for the pain for now.

wishing you best of health

thanks

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Brain and Head Injuries , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.