Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Nausea Forum

Extreme nausea all day every day!

I have been battling extreme nausea for well over 6 months now. It all began before my wedding when I was completely stressed out and started to get nauseous. I used to rarely get nausea and could count on one hand how many times I had actually thrown up on my lifetime. So this was totally new to me. I was seeing a gastronologist that did all the tests, endoscopy, colonoscopy, blood work ect. Still it wasn't going away. It got so bad that I didn't eat for a week or drink anything for days and was rushed to the hospital. I was there for a whole week. They checked my gul blather, did another endoscopy, cat scans, blood work and everything came back normal. They gave me some Xanax for anxiety and magically I could eat again, but the nausea feeling was still there. I thought that after the wedding it would finally go away but it didn't. I remained nauseous for months but was getting used to how to handle it. They prescribed me phenegran to help maintain the nausea. Then a month ago I dislocated and shattered my elbow working out, and from that day forward I have had the worst nausea I've had in a long time. I am taking the max does of phenagrin and zofran everyday and on Paxil for axiety. I even double checked with my gynocologist and they made sure i wasnt pregnant either. I just want to be normal again... Any suggestions as to what I should do, what tests should I request for, what can it be?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 27th, 2014
Maybe request probiotics. These help restore good bacteria in the body that can be stripped by certain medications or illnesses. Have they given you an upper GI where you had to drink the Barium? And if so, did they follow it through your system to see if the fluid stopped or paused anywhere? Ginger really does help too. Another thing that's on the rise is parasites. Certain scopes or stool samples can detect eggs that may not be evident in other procedures. Best of luck.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
You've probably had a case of food poisoning at least one in your life...but what types of food poisoning exist? Basics on food poisoning here....
Not everyone will get sick from contaminated food. Learn who is more at risk of food poisoning, and what factors increase bacterial growth here....
How do you know if you've got a case of salmonella food poisoning versus e. coli? Learn the basic symptoms of food poisoning and when to seek help here....