I was diagnosed with gout after ua level of 7.5 and prescribed uloric 40 mg only. After taking this I suffered continued gout attacks, worse than nay before treatment? I went back to the dr in extreme pain and the changed me to 80 mg Uloric. I took this no the attacks continued to worsen to both toes nd one ankle, I went back and the dr priscribed colcrys twice a day and I still continue to have gout flails? I know I should continue to take the Uloric even though I have a gout flair,Mobutu is this normal? Also are the flails I currently have causing more damage, or is this caused by the break down of crystals that were deposits in those areas I'm experiencing the pain?
Any time frame on how long the flails should continue now that the colcrys were added twice a day?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 30th, 2013
I was just at my doctor today and as I understand it you should NOT continue the uloric during a flare. 40mg doesnt work for me so I am going on allpurinol. You may want to ask about a steroid shot it knocks it out same day then stay hydrated.
|

replied September 6th, 2013
My doctor said that as you start taking medicine (I'm on Allopurinol) removing the gout crystals from your joints will cause flare ups and not to stop taking it as it's finally getting your uric acid down.

I'm on colchicine to stop flare ups for the first couple weeks. You may want to ask about that. But once you have your uric acid back down, there won't be any more flare ups again.
|

replied September 8th, 2013
I personally have not had luck with any of the gout specific medication. Any time I have used Uloric, Colchicine, or Allopurinol it results in a gout attack. I gave up on them a long time ago. During an attack, I have had prescribed variety of NSAID (Zipsor, Indometacin} that have helped in addition to popular steroid packs. Over time I have learned what my triggers are. For me it's seafood (except Salmon), regular hot dogs (skinless hot dogs are ok), peanuts. I have spoken to several gout sufferers and we have one or two foods that are specific triggers for each.
|
Must Read
Gout is a common type of arthritis and accounts for about 5% of all cases of arthritic condition. But what is gout and what are the stages of this condition?...
Gout manifest for physical reasons...but what puts you at a greater risk of developing the disease? What risk factors should you avoid?...
Gout present symptoms mainly in the joints. Learn which signs to look for, and when you should seek medical help and diagnosis of gout....