Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Extreme daily Headaches bring me to my knees!

User Profile
I have been having extreme headaches, which are usually on one of my head (usually on the Leftside with tingling sensation). I have them all the time, some not so sever as others. But lately the extreme ones have been so sever that they bring down to my knees if I'm up and about. They happen on a daily bases (some days better than others but still daily). Also I'm always tired, when I get up and get ready for work I am ok but Driving to work I find myself trying to fall asleep so that my head burns on the left side and also my eyes. I fall asleep at work, I fall asleep at home, everywhere I go I fall asleep or come very close. I have been to see doctors and they say they "Think" it is anxiety and put me on medications but I still feel the same and told them that but they say to give the medication time. I cannot make them understand the pain of living everyday. Can you please give me a little hope this is not a life long thing. I have been like this for a li

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 7th, 2012
Headache and Migraines Answer A33638
Hello,

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out.

From the symptoms, a CT scan or MRI scan of the head needs to be done for these debilitating headaches. Any brain aneurysm and benign intracranial hypertension should be ruled out.

BIH happens due to impaired CSF absorption. A generalized throbbing headache worst felt in the morning and last thing at night. This headache is generally relieved on standing (consistent with raised intracranial pressure). It is aggravated by straining, coughing or a change in position. This headache is accompanied by various neurological symptoms such as dizziness, numbness, loss of vision, loss of hearing etc, all of which are temporary and recur.

You should consult a neurologist and get it evaluated.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Headache and Migraines , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.