Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Extra tissue on labia minora (Page 1)

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I noticed that on my labia minora, I have a section of it about the size of my index finger, that is saggy loose tissue or skin on the left side. I went and got it checked by my doctor and he told me it was extra tissue and that I should leave it for a bit.

I googled on some other sites and I came across a few that showed labioplasty procedures of before and after but that's not really what I have. I only have it on my left side and the saggy skin hangs and its about the width of my index finger. It doesn't hurt at all when i touch it or slightly squeeze it. It's nothing painful but I know its there and its just loose skin or something.

Is there anyway to get rid of it? Would you by any chance know what it could be?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile kristigraham
|

replied March 30th, 2010
Hey...omg i have that too..im only 17 years old.and i wasn't born with it i think i got it around the age of 10 or something..but i have googled it and i found results saying it is just normal and if you want you can go to a gyno n he/she can trim it off although its really no big deal...i would love to have mine taken off though i would want to know more about it..it's so embrassing to have especially when it comes time to have sex..please let me know when you have more information..Thank you
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

replied April 4th, 2010
Ya i got it checked out again and I was told that it is just extra skin that hangs there...I was also googling some stuff online one night I was up late, and found that it can be normal. I even came across something that described what I had and they said it was normal. I forgot what site it was otherwise I''d send u the link.

It''s not that huge but because I know it''s there, I am embarassed. I also agree with you about the sex situation. One night, he and I had sex and it was kind of rough. my boyfriend noticed he had a pimple on his penis the day after. We both got ourselves checked and it turned out to be nothing but friction burn. We were both clean. He was worried and was curious because he noticed that one of my lips (the labia) were swollen with that loose skin i had. he''s never had a pimple before either. So since that time, I''ve been paranoid about this issue. but we have an understanding.

He says it''s fine and for me not to worry about it but I know its still there. It''s good to hear though that I''m not the only one with this. Thanks for sharing Smile
|

replied April 5th, 2010
your welcome..i find myself soo much at ease now too, now that i know someone else has it to. .ive been paranoid bout this too..i haven''t had sex with one yet after i found out i had it but now i''m scared that person might think something.. i haven''t found out the reason as to why one gets it..i was thinking once i grow up i might go to the doctor to trim it down..maybe you should try it if you don''t really want it there. Thanks for answerin Smile
|

replied April 5th, 2010
Don''t worry girls... I have the same thing Smile I am 33 and I have been told that it is very attractive. I have never had any complains on what my hoo hoo looks like down there, guys don''t seem to care... why should I? Don''t worry what you look like down there, as long as your clean, that is what matters Smile
|

replied April 6th, 2010
It''s not that big and I don''t feel it either so I don''t want to trim it down. I''m not as worried about it now that I know I''m not the only one Smile

There''s no known cause of it but they say it''s common. Thanks again for your posts, girls Smile
|

replied September 27th, 2010
I have it and I've had guys refer to it as a roast beef p***** so I do not find it apealling one bit . It suckks
|

replied November 22nd, 2010
Extra tissue on labia minora
Those guys thats say roast beef p**** are just imature. He must be a kid honey. When these kids mature and become men! they will know and have learned to respect and appreciate a womens body!
|

replied April 11th, 2012
Fu**ing joke your lucky we dignify that roast beef pu**y w a f**k at all.
|

replied March 24th, 2011
Hey girls, it definitely is a sign of relief to hear that your not the only person with this situation. I dont know how it happened because I also didnt notice this extra skin until I was like a pre-teen or a little before and I was so afraid that it was abnormal. My mom took me to the doctor and even my pediatrician said that you can go look at some male magazines and find girls with the same thing! lol. Its completely normal and essentially harmless unless it bothers you mentally, which I suggest just accepting it because honestly, guys wont care, especially if its someone who cares about you! Buts its good to know Im not the only one and its good to talk about it Smile
|

replied May 10th, 2011
I was in the shower yesterday and noticed the same thing. I came across it by chance and have been really freaked out since I saw it. I haven gone to a doctor yet, but am planning on going tomorrow. It's good to know there are other people out there with this too...it's weird feeling like you're totally different. Thanks for comforting my nerves and making me feel a bit safer. Smile
|

replied July 6th, 2011
im only 13 and i noticed mine when i was 10. I was really scared when i first noticed it going a bit wrinkly, now 3 years on its much bigger and im really scared to tell my parents or anyone because im really self consious about my body. now i no its quite normal im not as bothered but it still just doesnt feel...right Sad
|

replied October 17th, 2011
yeah , i have it to . and i am only 13 . i was freaking out . b cus , i didnt know if it was cancer or soemthing & i have beeen reallly scared to telll my mom lol . so , i just kept it to myself . and , i noticed during the summmer and got super paranoid & scared . like , you dont even know lol . and it reallly scared me , but now im so much relieved to know it is normal ! ahhhh , i thought i had cancer , i was scared lol . and i am only 13 and y'alll are talking about how your 33 and 17 . but , it's alll goood . i dont have to worry about a guy knowing yet .. lmfaooo . i am to younng , but i was pretttty scared .no lie
|

replied October 17th, 2011
yeah , i have it to . and i am only 13 . i was freaking out . b cus , i didnt know if it was cancer or soemthing & i have beeen reallly scared to telll my mom lol . so , i just kept it to myself . and , i noticed during the summmer and got super paranoid & scared . like , you dont even know lol . and it reallly scared me , but now im so much relieved to know it is normal ! ahhhh , i thought i had cancer , i was scared lol . and i am only 13 and y'alll are talking about how your 33 and 17 . but , it's alll goood . i dont have to worry about a guy knowing yet .. lmfaooo . i am to younng , but i was pretttty scared .no lie
|

replied October 22nd, 2011
so you can get it removed? does anyone else find the idea of ridding of it appealing but too embarassed to go see someone about it?
|

replied October 26th, 2011
Has anyone ever got surgery? My daughter wants me to look into a doctor.
|

User Profile
replied October 27th, 2011
Community Volunteer
It is called labiaplasty.

It if very expensive and Normally medical insurance will not cover it if it is not medically neccisary. It can also affect her sexual functioning if something goes wrong (and sometimes, it does).

Does she have a reasonable expectation about how a normal healthy vulva looks? Young girls (and even older ones) often have a false impression of what normal looks like. It is very seldomly what is seen in magazines and videos. After labiaplasty, this obsession will often just move to another body part, because it is not based on reality and how real women look.
|

replied February 12th, 2012
I have it too and I just hate it because when I wear bikinis you can see a little bump. I don't know what to do :/
|

User Profile
replied February 12th, 2012
Community Volunteer
I am sure that you will survive it, just like a lot of other girls does. Our genitals are often not as smooth and tightly 'tucked in' as we think it should be. This is normal, and part of what makes us unique. That does not make you any less pretty and interesting and many boy's dream girl.

So stop worrying. Insecurity and a lack of self confidence is not very attractive.

Take care!
|

replied February 14th, 2012
Really? I just felt deformed and gross. But now I don't so much since there's many girls who have it. Thank you so much for your advice. Take care as well!
|

replied February 27th, 2012
I'm 15, I noticed when I was 10, didn't tell my mom since I was 13, I went to a doctor today, second time, I've been to one before to get it checked, but I thought I was young to get it cut off, so I got another appointment, and I actually just left the doctor, I'm going in for surgery soon, I love knowing I'm not the only one, and this is perfectly normal, I'm just afraid that when I start having sex, guys will notice, and be grossed, so I'm getting it cut, the doctor says I have nothing to be worried about, and it will go great, i will be asleep, and nothing will go wrong, I'm so glad I'm not the only one with this. Thanks for sharing everything, you've helped me.
|

replied February 27th, 2012
I have the same problem, i have been noticing it from the age of 10 and through out the years it has increased and i dont know what to do im 14 now and im scared to tell my mother, is there anyway to cut it of? I dont feel it its just gowy and extra and black and dry. Im scared of having sex because of this! Should i or shouldnt i tell my mom? Is it normal meaning will she be angry at me from this or will she understand?
|
Tags: touch, skin
Quick Reply