Question Confused
Hello, i've had an extra hole since birth, its above my anus about an inch or so. It's small and i want to know why is it there or if that will cause me a health problem in the future. Why is it there for, i don't think it's deep i try to touch it and it hurt a bit. Can you answer my ? please and also tell me what it is call.

solola
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 15th, 2011
I have this too. No idea what or why.
|

User Profile
replied April 15th, 2011
Especially eHealthy
pearshape180,

This is the most mild form of a neural tube defect. During the first 20 weeks of gestation, the brain and spinal column form, and close. Sometimes the distal end does not completely close. This can range from a dimple in the skin to a full blown opening with the spinal cord on the outside.

It is nothing to worry about. It is just the way you are made. Good luck.
|
Tags: touch
Quick Reply
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....