User Profile
My name is Lisa. I am 18 years old and I just found out that my car's exhaust has been leaking into my car. I have been exposed to it for about a week I think. Im not sure when it started. Anyways, I have had a bad headache, shortness of breath, and light headedness. I believe that these symptoms have to do with the leak in my car that I have been breathing. What should I do?

Another thing is the last couple times I have donated plasma they have said that my blood pressure is high. Could this be a result of the carbon monoxide from my car?

Please, I am scared and don't know what I should do about this. Is there a test that the doctor can do to check if I have it? thanks for the help! doctor
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 24th, 2009
Supporter
Cases of moderate to severe carbon monoxide poisoning can only be treated by trained technicians and even mild cases should be examined by a doctor. They will most likely administer 100% oxygen to those affected by carbon monoxide inhalation. Using a tight-fitting oxygen mask, patients will breathe in oxygen in order to hasten the carbon monoxide's release from the body.
Even if a person seems to be recovering quickly from the effects of inhalation, she may still need medical attention. Please see a doctor as soon as possible, just to be on the safe side.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied January 24th, 2009
thanks you, I will get right on that and see my doctor.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Is mononucleosis bacterial or viral? Does everyone get mono at some time? How does mono spread? Basic facts and definitions about "the kissing disease". ...
Do you know what causes mono? Although children are more at risk than adults,what can you do to avoid getting sick from mono? Review risk factors here....
The symptoms of mono may not manifest for everyone who contracts the Epstein-Barr virus. But when are symptoms serious? And when should you seek medical help?...