Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

Experiencing pelvic inflammatory disease

User Profile
what can i do??? whats the next step? what could it be?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 27th, 2009
Abdominal Pain Answer A5551

Current medical status: i started my period on the 14, since the 13 i have been exsperanceing pain where my left ovarie sits, thinking that it was period related i ignored it... how ever i finished on the 16th and the pain not ony stuck around but has gotten worse so i went to the branch hospital to see a pmc (military) who did a u/a that came back clear and a pelvic exam and she said my left ovarie was enlarged and requested a get an ultrasound and sent me home with naproxin 500s (not helping at all!!!)... this was the 23rd. the next day severty got to the point of tears and buckeling down so i went in to the er... they orderd the ultrasound same day tech and dr. saw nothing but huge left ovarie so they did a transvaginal sonogarm and still nothing... dr told me it was normal...

According to the symptoms you reported, you might be experiencing pelvic inflammatory disease, including inflammation of the left ovary. The inflammation might be caused by an ascending infection that originates from the cervix. You might want to check for any cervical and vaginal infections (gonorrhea, Chlamydia and other sexually transmitted disease) with your gynecologist. If infection is the reason for this condition, then an antibiotic with a broad specter might be administered.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abdominal Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.