User Profile
I have been experiencing pain on and off. Sometimes it occurs in my lower right back, sometimes on the right side where I would put my hands on my hips, sometimes even on the front right side. It is not excruciating pain, but it is enough for me to realize that something is different with my body. I can deal with it, but I am very worried that it might be something that can lead to worse symptoms if left untreated. I went to my pediatrician (Im 20) and she didn't really do much except test for a UTI which came out negative. I asked my mom to change doctors for me because I feel as if the pediatrician just dismissed it as being general pain that will go away. I have been told that if it was appendix related, I would be in extreme discomfort. What can this be? I have been urinating more frequently, but it is not burning and it is actually very colorless. My bowel movements have been pretty regular as well, although I have been experiencing a lot of gas. Should I see another docto

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile DoctorQuestion

User Profile
replied May 25th, 2011
Kidney Conditions Answer A23378
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

The description of the pain appears to be due to musculoskeletal causes.

You might consider to take NSAIDs like Ibuprofen to relieve the pain for a few days.

In case the symptoms do not subside, then tests including a abdominal ultrasound can be done.

You might consult a gastroenterologist, for specific advice.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
The kidneys filter blood and regulate body flood. What happens during kidney failure? And what types of kidney failure do doctors diagnose?...
There are three main condition which cause renal (kidney) failure. Learn what causes kidney failure and what factors increase your risk of kidney problems....
What are the signs of acute or chronic kidney failure? Which ones are more serious than others? And when should you ask a doctor or go to the ER for help?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Kidney Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.