Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

experiencing pain during sex sometimes

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
I have been experiencing pain during sex sometimes, especially in the rear-entry/doggie position. I have gone to an NP for women's health to get this checked out, but she found nothing wrong with my health or body to explain this. This only happened recently (in the last 2 months or so), and I used to be able to do this position with no pain. I'm not sure if he changed the way he thrusts, but I doubt it. Are there any other possible explanations? I tried this during different times of the month to see if it was ovulation, but I doubt that also. I really enjoy this position, and I don't want some unexplainable reason to hinder it. I am 19 years old, never had children, and I don't have any health problems. Thanks for your time.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied January 18th, 2011
Sexual Health - Women Answer A18638
Welcome to ehealthforum.
Pain during or after intercourse could be due to vaginal or cervix infection, PID, cervix erosion, etc. You should get it checked by your gynecologist (not regular GP/NP). You will need to have vaginal smear, PAP smear test along with ultrasound scan done to find out in infection is the cause. A careful examination done by your gynecologist will help to know if there is any injury or scar tissue responsible for pain in only certain area.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Women , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.