Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

experience severe cramps to the point I cannot walk?

User Profile
I am 14 years old and started my period just over a year ago. My first few periods were fine but after that they began to become very irregular and really heavy. I also experience severe cramps to the point where I cannot walk should I be worried?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied October 29th, 2011
Menstruation Answer A28004
Welcome to ehealthforum,
The irregular periods and symptoms that you describe are not normal (especially if you were having regular periods before). You should consider visiting your gynecologist/obstetrician for further evaluation to look for the underlying cause. Treatment as needed (based on examination and investigations results) would be started to help you regulate your periods and control your symptoms. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Take adequate rest. Drink plenty of water. Maintain healthy & balanced diet and lifestyle.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.