Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Forum

exhausted following even a small amount of exercise

User Profile
Hi I am a 32 year old female. My question relates to Exercise Intolerance. I am very unfit and am wanting to get fit for the first time in my life but whenever I start even an easy exercise program, I get really wiped out. I usually feel okay after my "workout" (barely a plausible term) session, but feel extremely fatigued the next day. Which interrupts my program. This can be very irregular tho, sometimes I can do quite a bit and feel fine the next day. I had bulimia, starting at age 17 for 10 years and am wondering if this is still the effects on my body. I have no other side effects from the bulimia. Apart from that I have suffered Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, but these symptoms disappear if I don't exercise. I have had my heart and lungs checked out, blood tests etc, all come back fine. Can someone please, please shed some light as to why I get so exhausted following even a small amount of exercise. It doesnt seem to matter be it cardio or weights. Thankyou very much

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 26th, 2015
General Q and A Answer A52730
Welcome to e health forum.

As per your history, due to your eating disorders and resultant protein deficiency, your musculoskeletal system might be weak. This might be the cause of your tiredness associated with workouts.

So to manage the situation, it will be essential that you consult with a fitness trainer or a physiotherapist who can examine you and provide tips and advice about regaining your fitness.

Other possible issues like obesity, arthritis, myopathies, etc also might need to be ruled out by proper consultation with your doctor.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
What is chronic fatigue syndrome? We outline the medical definition and different types of CFS in this intro section....
What causes chronic fatigue? And who does it affect? We outline the main factors doctors think contribute to CFS in this section....
Symptoms of chronic fatigue are also common to other disorders. Learn to identify CFS symptoms and when to seek medical help here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Chronic Fatigue Syndrome , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.