when i exercise or even if im just out in the heat for too long my whole body will swell up but it is most noticeable and my hands and it actually hurts. i dont sweat, my skin will get sticky but thats about it. i turn bright red to the point i look like i have a serious sunburn. I get nauseated and sometimes throw up. my head pounds and it feels like my blood thickens up (i dont know how else to describe the feeling and i can feel it pulse through my whole body. i try to cool down by taking a cold shower but this only helps a little bit and it can take an hr to cool back down to where i should be. this happens whether im outside or in an ac'd building. i have kidney disease so i know the importance of staying hydrated and not overheating and watching my bp. this makes it diffecult to exercise enough to get any benefit
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied May 15th, 2013
Especially eHealthy

How much one "sweats" often depends upon what climate the person is in. In very dry climates (deserts), people do not have any moisture on the skin when they sweat, as it evaporates immediately. But, the salt can be seen on their clothing.

In tropical or middle climate, persons will often have a lot of sweat accumulate on the skin, and the person may feel "clammy".

It is very common for the hands/fingers to swell during any activity. This is because they are held in a dependent position (hanging down).

Unfortunately, many persons get very red when they exercise. It can sometimes be helped with continuing to exercise and it gets less and less (conditioning).

You may want to exercise in smaller increments. Exercise for just a few minutes, and then cool down. Stay at the small times for several days/week. Then gradually increase the time you spend exercising. This is just basic conditioning.

Hope you can work out your problem, so that you can exercise more.

Good luck.
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied June 12th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
If your thyroid stimulating hormone is normal then you should consult psychiatrist to evaluate you for anxiety disorder.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What does it mean to have low levels of thyroid hormone in the body? We outline how doctors define hypothyroidism here....
What medical conditions cause hypothyroidism? And what puts you at risk of developing these conditions? More hypothyroid basics here....
When are symptoms of hypothyroidism serious? When should you seek medical help. Click here to learn when doctors recommend you come in for a visit....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gland Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.