Medical Questions > Nutrition > Nutrition Forum

exercise and healthy diet that can work together

User Profile
I'm 21-ish and I've been working at kfc for 6 years, worked my way up a little bit, I know that my job is half the reason for the way I feel but there's no way I can quit so anyway over these years I have lost a little over 10kg's leaving me at 50. I've only just physically noticed how skinny I really am and I think it's just as bad if not a worse appearance. My boobs were never big but they're barely an A cup now my ribs and spine show a little more than they use to, I can feel the awkwardness from others when they hug me and feel my bones. I'm not totally uncomfortable with my body it's just the fact I don't feel very feminine anymore and it's slowly lowering my self esteem making me unhappier. I would love if someone could help me find a healthy diet that could help me get fat in the right places, I know that's too much to ask for but maybe if there is an exercise and healthy diet that can work together to get my BMI up without putting it all onto my hips an belly. Thanks for advice

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 25th, 2015
Welcome to e health forum.

Your body is a reflection of your genes derived from your parents.

In teenagers or young adults, who are yet to attain their full and proper development, comparison with others can cause discomfort about their appearance.

You can compare yourself with your mother, and , you will most likely attain her resemblence sooner or later. (please note- this does not include features attained due to obesity or medical disorder related issues).

Most young women who do not eat a healthy normal diet, due to being weight concious can develop conditions like anorexia or Bulimia. Hence it is best to stop comparing yourself to others.

It is best to have a attitude that you be yourself, and not rely on reinforcements from your peers or friends. If you are confident about yourself, you can carry yourself and be more appealing to others.

With regarding to diet requirements, it cannot be provided without knowing a individuals preferances and needs. It would be best if you consult a dietician in person, who can assess your needs and advice you accordingly.

I hope this helps.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Nutrition , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.