Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Dental Health Forum

excruciating pain my wisdom tooth do you think its impacted

User Profile
Hi for past few days on an off for weeks iv had excruciating pain my wisdom tooth (bottom right) is coming through my dentist said she already thinks there is not enough room for my bottom two wisdom teeth too comw through, iv never had such pain in any of them before my glands are up my throut an ear hurts, cant close or eat with my mouth properly could this be a impacted tooth? Sleeping last night i couldnt openyouth in lots of pain what can i do? And do you think its impacted? PLEASE HELP

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 20th, 2013
Dental Health Answer A41695
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum and thanks for writing

Wisdom teeth do cause excruiating pain while erupting. When the molar teeth do not have enough space to come out they are called as impacted ones and are quite painful. According to the description provided by you it seems that you might be suffering from impacted tooth but it requires a physical examination and X ray of the tooth to comment regarding the exact cause.

Painful impacted tooth are usually surgically removed or extracted. Kindly visit your Dentist so that you can be guided accordingly.

Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Dental Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.