Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Dental Health Forum

excruciating pain after root canal, 7 mos pregnant, suggest

User Profile
Hi doc just had a root canal today initially felt nothing as long as my molar was numb but right after a couple of hrs I am feeling excruciating pain even can't open my mouth and have had nothing much since morning I am over 7months pregnant had two painkillers too but in vain is it normal. If not kindly suggest some thing

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 8th, 2012
Dental Health Answer A40229
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Avoid overdose of medication since you are pregnant. Report your symptoms to your treating doctor/dentist/gynecologist at the earliest. If the pain is unbearable, you may also consider visiting ER or Urgent Care to have thorough examination and get adequate pain relief (safe during pregnancy). You can try alternate hot and cold fomentation to see if symptoms improve. Use of clove oil is also known to give relief.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Dental Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.