Medical Questions > Parenting > Teens Forum

everytime i like someome i push them away.

User Profile
im 15, everytime i like a lad, i either wont go out with them or dump them within the first week, however i go out with complete jerks who i dont even like for months on end. my friends say its coz im trying not to get hurt by the people that i actually like. how can i overcome this
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 12th, 2010
Hey I'm a 15 year old boy and I just say be yourself and you don't have to go out with people you don't like.

Don't go out with them for the sake of it, only do it if you like them.
|
Users who thank embarrassed111 for this post: CanTheySeeHer 

replied September 13th, 2010
Heyy
Im 17 and I know what you mean, I have found myself doing this to a guy who I like because I'm nervous around him all the time! I think this may be because I have issues with my dad... have you had any issues/been hurt by male figures in your life because it could be down to that?
|

User Profile
well not really my dad died when i was eight, and i dont notice im doing it till a friend points it out :/
|

I'm really sorry to hear that, were you close to your dad? You might still be bereaving his death and you don't want to let another male close in case they left and you experienced the hurt again?
|

User Profile
no we lived in the same house and everything but we just wasnt close. im just confused coz i found out my best friend like me and ive liked him for years, wee went out for like a few days before i eended it even though i really like him and now he is in a serious relationship with another girl. Sad
|

I'm really sorry to hear about that, must really hurt... maybe you could send him a message telling him about things are? Just so he knows that you didn't break up with him because of something he did. Have you tried talking to a counsellor? I have spoken to a counsellor and it helped to talk things through with someone who was impartial
|

User Profile
i havent talked to a counsellor coz it just feels like a stupid reason. we dont exactluy speak tht much anymore
|

If it's getting you down and is effecting your life - then it's a big enough reason to speak someone about it. If not going to a counsellor, why not a doctor? It could be a biological problem? I do hope you talk to someone about it as they might be able to help you more than I can.
|
Quick Reply