Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Everytime I get my period I get this sharp pain in my vagina

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
these last couple of months everytime I get my period i get this sharp pain my vagina, like someone is turning a razor around down there along with alot of pressure, i have to wear pads cause if i wear a tampon the pain is 10x worse, well I started my period and got this pain well the next day i still have this pain along with a sharp pain in my pelvic area, the pain was so bad i about pasted out from it and it was all day i was hurting but later on in the night was when it was at its worse,the pain reminds me of contractions, my stomach is still hurting and im severely bloated three days later

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied May 31st, 2013
Ovulation and Ovaries Answer A43646
Welcome to ehealthforum.
The symptoms and the dysmenorrhea that you describe could indicate underlying problems like PID, infections, vaginal spasm, vaginal endometriosis, pelvic adhesions, worsening or rupture of ovarian cysts, torsion in ovarian cysts (if cysts are big), endometriosis, endometrial cyst rupture, etc. The exact cause can only be made out after careful evaluation. Observe the symptoms for any further worsening or recurrence. If the symptoms persist, or if they keep worsening/not improving, you should consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist at the earliest for thorough examination and further evaluation to look for the underlying cause for the symptoms and the worsening dysmenorrhea that you describe. Treatment as appropriate (based on examination findings and investigations results) would be started to help you control the symptoms. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.