Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

even writing this letter I am in tears...

User Profile
Doctor,
I am suffering from depression since many months..I dont know when it started actually..Even now while writing this letter I am in tears..
Most articles I read on this say about consulting a doctor..But I am helpless in that too..I definitely wish to consult a doctor but all the psychiatrists in our city say treatment will be provided only if parents accompany the patients..But my diplorable condition is that i cant share this with my parents..No one beleives..Please doctor..Kindly help me..
All the online tests i take for depressions shows my result as extreme and severe depression..I have a trusted friend who knows this but he is also not in a state to help me..I cant share this with anyone else doctor..I beg u..please help me..I cry all the day..agitated..loneliness is definitely a factor..but doctor,please understand me..there is no one for me..to pamper me or share my pains..doctor,kindly help me..mind is contaminated that i cant even turn to spirituality..please help me..

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile DoctorQuestion
|

User Profile
replied June 25th, 2012
Depression Answer A36409
Welcome to e health forum.

You have self diagnosed to be having Depression. But have not given any specific details about your symptoms. Self diagnosis of conditions is very dangerous and can cause more stress. Hence it is not advisible to try to self diagnose yourself.

In your case, it is understandable that you are in severe stress. But to receive appropriate diagnosis and specific therapy, it is very important to acknowledge the condition and let your caretakers, parents or guardians know about your issues. Without that, it will be difficult for specific treatment.

In case, you do feel lonely, then trying to get yourself involved in group related activities or working out in a gym would help to elevate your mood and help you feel better.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Depression , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.