Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

even taking these medicines I am very anxious and panic

User Profile
Ty

I need help urgently..i am suffering form test anxiety from past 2 years and now my board exams are on my head ....I need help....I taking medicines I want to ask I am on lonazep 0.5mg and toficalm 50 mg and venlor xr 150mg and 75 mg..so even taking these medicines I am very anxious and panic , all negative thoughts are making me feel like crazy..so if I double the dose of toficalm and lonzep.. will this can help me..and one more thing I think I am only feel stressfree when I am on medicines ,is like is my anxiety has recovered or not because after my exams I going to stop these medicines while consulting my doctor...plz tell me that if I will leave those medicines ,can my be worse, then actually medicines are controlling my mind , I am not recovering is that so ..plz tell me the answer for these things plz urgently I need help..

Read more: withdrawl symtoms of lonzep ,toficalm and venlor xr - Anxiety and Stress Forum - eHealthForum http://ehealthforum.com/health/withdrawl-s y

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

User Profile
replied February 23rd, 2015
Anxiety and Stress Answer A51180
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

I would strongly recommend against both extremes. You should not double the dose of medication as it would lead to further dependence and in addition could lead to serious side effects. Due to the polypharmacy drugs combinations like trazodone, venlor, lorazepam, it would require a graded tapering of the dose. Please consult a psychiatrist in this regard. Thyroid function tests should be done and low dose beta blocker like propranolol can be advised along with other meds as appropriate.

wishing you best of health

thanks

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Anxiety and Stress , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.