User Profile
I am a 32 year old female. I have had chest pains for almost a year or so now. I have had many ekgs, plus a stress test, ultrasound, and xrays that have all come back normal. The pain scares me and I wonder what it could be. My blood pressure is normal. Any help would be great

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied January 24th, 2010
Heart Disease and Heart Attack Answer A9453
Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am glad to help you out. You’ve undergone most of the routine testes which we do for the evaluation of the chest pain and the reports have come out to be normal and thus you don’t need to worry much.

To me it appears like musculoskeletal pain and hopefully by taking over the counter analgesics (painkillers), everything should be fine. However, the gastric acid refluxing into the food pipe can be one of the causes of the chest pain and this can be evaluated by getting an upper GI endoscopy done.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For an exact diagnosis, you are advised to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Heart Disease and Heart Attack , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.