Hello,

About two weeks ago I was diagnosed with esophageal candidiasis, I had an endoscopy done. The thing is: I'm not really feeling better. For a couple of days I felt okay, but my symptoms are now the same. I have chest pain, stomach pain, and also some pain on the right side of my chest - a few inches down from my nipple: this pain gets worse when I roll my right shoulder back.

So my question is: are these still symptoms of the esophagus problem, or is there something else?

I'm still taking 150mg of Fluconazole a day, I also am taking probiotics.
For a bit I was taking omeprazole, but I read I shouldn't take it with Fluconazole, so I stopped.

Btw, the doctor said I don't have acid reflux. Not sure if the esophagus could still cause it, idk.

Anyway, I won't be able to go back to the doctor right away, but thanks for the time anyway.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 22nd, 2018
Fluconazole can be taken with omeprazole though levels of fluconazole would be increased by affecting its liver metabolism but that wont be necessarily a bad outcome in the case of esophageal candidiasis. Restart the fluconazole as prescribed by your doctor and inform him/her about the missing dose.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is pneumonia? Learn basic facts about pneumonia here, plus how doctors define the different types of pneumonia that people can get....
Some people are more at risk of getting pneumonia than others. Are you one of them? Learn more about how you get pneumonia and who is at risk here....
Chest pain is typical during cases of pneumonia. But what other signs and symptoms should you look for? Know when to seek medical help by starting here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Chest Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.