Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

erection probelms and vitamin B12

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....

I have been experiencing an erection problem for two weeks and my doctor prescribed me a course of injections of Vitamin B12 for five days. He prescribed methibion 500MCG too for two weeks, 2 per day. I made a search on this in internet but I could not find any site (or content) that says this vitamin as a treatment for the erection problem.

Please let me know whether I am taking the correct drug for the problem.

Thanks in advance.
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied April 6th, 2010
Hi there, thank you for posting your question on Ehealthforum. This is not intended as a substitute to visiting your own doctor.

A lot depends on your age and the underlying cause of your ED. Often erectile dysfunction fixes itself over time.If you were to post again with the details of your situation maybe I could help more.

Dr Andrew Rynne.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Men , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.