nurse I have been suffering from fibromyalgia for years. Now my friend told me to use Epsom Salt to absorb some extra-Magnesium. So, what is the best product out there? So many Epsom salts and so much variety in prices. Can somebody weigh in? Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile zigemyster
|

User Profile
replied October 21st, 2008
Supporter
Epsom salts are also available in a gel form for topical application in treating aches and pains. Users of Epsom salts in the gel form have reported significant and lasting reduction of pain associated with fibromyalgia and osteoporosis.

I'd suggest that you look for a gel product with the main ingredient being "magnesium sulfate", which is the official chemical name for Epsom salt. The less additives, the better!
|

User Profile
replied October 23rd, 2008
Community Volunteer
I helped my fibro after 8 years of suffering by sticking to an anti-inflammatory diet and I must say I had my doubts at first but it worked, however if I stray and eat foods that I should not...I feel the pain within 24 hours and get back to foods that I should eat and I'm good to go once the bad is out of my system. Google Asa Andrew...

~Zig
|
Users who thank zigemyster for this post: Teetee59 

replied October 24th, 2008
it works
I guess, your friend means taking a bath in some cups of Epsom Salt to absorb the Magnesium Sulfate. This way of soaking helps to balance the lack of Magnesium that causes fibro. I prefer the new product REV for epsom salt, because I think they have the strongest and also most natural formula.
You can get it at CVS. They have 3 different packages. I use the red box. good luck.
|

replied January 29th, 2009
Great New Product!
My aunt has some symptoms of fibromyalgia and discovered the healing benefits of Epsom salts a few years ago. She had been buying the same box for years but while in Walgreen a couple days ago, we found a new Epsom salt product in the elastic bandages section, called Pepsom Sports. She decided to try it and really loved the new spearmint formula (and the way she felt afterwards!). Just thought I would pass this information along to anyone struggling with this disease.
|

replied July 11th, 2009
Float Therapy and Fibromyalgia?
Have any of you looked into Float Therapy to treat Fibromyalgia symptoms? There is some research to show substantial relief from neuro-pathic pain can be achieved by even one Float Therapy session.
|

User Profile
replied September 27th, 2009
We were just recently told that our eleven year old daughter has Fibromyalgia. We use water therapy or water stretching and arobics in the pool. Also using vitamin D to help with lack of sun from being in school all day. We go on short walks, as her legs feel weak. Sometimes I get so frustrated when people say things like she is to young to have this disorder. As if we are making this up. At any rate I will try the Epsom salts for her. Thank you. lifepreserver
|

replied June 29th, 2011
well they are idiots cause u can get it at any age i know what u mean i cant even go for walks a long period of time i am 40 and my leg goes numb when i walk and also my foot just started going numb today and my hip bothers me i do soak in epsom salt it does help a little but not much i am only on lyrica 75 mg i think i need a higher dose but my doctors i have are stupid i am not on no pain pills which u should be dont listen to anything anyone says cause ppl are different
|

replied May 22nd, 2011
I was just diagnosed over the summer with fibromyalgia. The last 3 weeks, I have been hurting to the point of having to lay on the couch all day. I take 450mg Lyrica and 2 or 3 800 mg skelaxin a day. I just grabbed a box of salts from the dollar store to try. Any suggestions?
|

replied July 31st, 2011
I love Epsom Salts! It really helps me with the leg pain. Also diet is very very important. So many foods are inflammatory in our bodies. I took myself off of Neurontin because of the side effects and am taking a vitamin called: Alpha Lipoic Acid. Its natural and our bodies make it but with Fibro I guess we lack it. It helped me.
|

replied October 10th, 2011
I was diagnosed with fibro last year at 22. My main pain is in my torso especially in shoulders to the extent it keeps me awake nearly every night. I am currently taking magnesium malate tablets. I have only just found out about epsom salts so if anyone can give me any more advice about what else will help will be greatfully received.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Fibromyalgia causes pain in the body. Learn the basic facts about fibromylagia and how doctors define this syndrome here....
Are people diagnosed with fibromyalgia born with a lower tolerance for pain? Are you at more or less risk of fibromyalgia? More info and causes and risk here....
Symptoms of fibromyalgia can be mistaken for other conditions. Can you identify common signs and symptoms of fibromyalgia?...