Hi, im a 20 yr old young man and since i was a child i've been experiencing these strange phases of some kind. I dont get them alot, in fact i barley get them, however i will not know when the next time im goin to experiance it because their unpredictable and the last time i've experianced it before i did again today was about a little shorter than a year ago. this morning i got out of bed and decided to play a short game on my computer, then it happened. the thing is that i can actually feel when it is about to happen. its doesnt have anything to do with my body as arms legs and such just my sences, i can sence when it is about to happen, and when it does happen, my head feels weird, my body movements feel rapid even when i know i am at moving normally slow, this feel raid! fast and quick, small noises get extremely loud. example when my grama was running the tap doing dishes the water form the tap sounded small n smooth, but when it happened the water got loud things felt as if they were going fast my own movements, all other sounds around me aswell. when i walk it feels as if im rushing. i hate when this happens and when i does i go lay down for while until it disapears. can you relate to what is happening??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 15th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
What you are experiencing are most likely episodes of epilepsy or seizure attacks.
Epilepsy is result of increased, chaotic brain activity and its manifestation depends on affected area of brain.
When the person is aware of what is going on, and there is no interruption to consciousness, the seizure is classified as partial simple epilepsy.
You may get a strange feeling, as though you're out of touch with your surroundings or you may experience sensory distortions or other sensations.
Actually, a change to the sensation of taste, smell, sight, sound or touch, is one of the symptoms of partial simple seizure.
Some people get a warning sign, such as a strange smell or feeling, before their seizure starts.
The attacks usually lasts from few seconds to few minutes, tending to be same every time they occur.

See neurologist!
|

my neurological disorder
is it normal that i rarely get them, i get them only about twice a year unexpectedly/
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Hi leon,

Have you been see by a doctor for this? Seizures could be possible, however, it could be panic attacks as well, lets not gamble with it and go see a doctor ok?

Good Luck,

Faded Rose
|

User Profile
replied October 16th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Most commonly, seizure disorders begin in early childhood or in late adulthood.
The epileptic attacks appear suddenly and their prognosis for a recurrence, depends on the type of epileptic seizure.
It is possible for episodes to decrease overtime or subside completely.

Visit neurologist for complete evaluation and diagnosis!
|
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....