Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Epilepsy Forum

epilim 800CR twice daily, can i use slimming shakes like...

User Profile
Hi, I am epileptic and on epilim 800CR twice daily. I would like to know if i can use Herbalife slimming products like skakes etc. I am told that Herbalife is 100% natural product. Please advise.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 18th, 2012
Epilepsy Answer A36147
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum and thanks for writing

There are many pills,supplements etc available through internet which claim to help in weight loss.Their effect is doubtful.Since you have been taking the epileptic medications personally I would not advise you to go for any such products.

Kindly avoid taking any supplement without Medical supervision.It is better to take it under your treating Physician's guidance so that he is aware of what you are taking and if there are any issues they can be tackled accordingly.

Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
Must Read
Click here to learn more about what causes epilepsy and the different types of epilepsy. Start here to learn about the basics of this type of brain disorder. ...
Get the facts on epilepsy types. Identify signs & symptoms of epilepsy. We outline different types of epileptic seizures so you know when to seek help....
How can you know if you're having an epileptic seizure? We outline how doctors clinically diagnose epilepsy and other seizures here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Epilepsy , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.