Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Epilepsy Forum

Epileptic or non-epileptic seizures

User Profile
it seems to be that because the hospital cant come up with anything, when i get taken in they are saying that it is psychological or put on, due to my history of depression. my question to them is why would i want to do this? ive lost my licence, which meant so much to me, im unable to do the job i want, its put my life on hold!
i just either feel giddy or really drained of energy before it happens, im just so confused, what sdo i do?
its at the point now, where if it happens and im not with someone i know, they ring an ambulance, and i get panic attacks because i dont want to go to hospital again, because of the way i am treated! what do i do?
thanks!

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 4th, 2008
Epilepsy Answer A5045
Current medical status: non-epileptic seizures and collapsing, blood tests-all clear, ct scan-clear, waiting to see a neurologist.
Current medical treatment: im receiving no treatment, just waiting to see a neurologist.

An EEG can reveal if your seizures are epileptic or not. If not epileptic, they can be due to hypoglycemia, hypotension (syncope), heart failure, hysteria, etc. If all medical tests are negative the only possibility left is hysteria.

You should stop refusing medical help and start visiting a mental health doctor, if necessary.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Learn the basics about various conditions and diseases, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options....
Learn about risk factors to developing a certain conditions and diseases. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for certain conditions and diseases....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Epilepsy , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.