Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Epilepsy Forum

epilepsy with 2 years and speech impairment

User Profile
I'm 22 years old, 95 pounds and 4'3 tall so my physical body and face are looking too much younger for my real age. The people always confused with me of my age. All my body parts are small like a 8 year old girl. I have to use kids clothes and shoes, but I have epilepsy with 2 years and speech impairment all my life. What I should do for the disability?

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile DoctorQuestion

User Profile
replied September 20th, 2011
Epilepsy Answer A27003
Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out.

There are vqarious causes of speech impairment and since you are having epilepsy also, hence neurological causes should be evaluated. Other causes are hearing loss, brain injury, mental retardation, drug abuse, physical impairments such as Cleft lip and palate and vocal abuse.

I suggest you to get an evaluation done from a neurologist and get a thorough neurological examination done.

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Click here to learn more about what causes epilepsy and the different types of epilepsy. Start here to learn about the basics of this type of brain disorder. ...
Get the facts on epilepsy types. Identify signs & symptoms of epilepsy. We outline different types of epileptic seizures so you know when to seek help....
How can you know if you're having an epileptic seizure? We outline how doctors clinically diagnose epilepsy and other seizures here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Epilepsy , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.