Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Epilepsy Forum

epilepsy when I was 8 and now I'm 15. Can it come back?

User Profile
When I was younger I had epilepsy. Sometimes I get a really sharp pain in the back of my head and it's like it makes me keep focus on one thing kind of like "starring off into space" but when I regain focus I shake kind of like a "cold chill". I had epilepsy when I was 8 and now I'm 15. Can it come back?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied July 18th, 2012
Epilepsy Answer A37230
Welcome to e health forum.

Yes, if you indeed had a episode of seizure, earlier, but were not on regular treatment with antiepileptic medications, then chances of recurring episodes of seizures is possible.

In such a situation, to make a actual diagnosis of your condition, you should consult with your treating doctor who can assess your medical history, symptoms and decide on the future course of action.

If necessary tests including a CT, MRI brain or a EEG may be suggested by your doctor, which will help in making a specific diagnosis and initiating appropriate therapy.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Click here to learn more about what causes epilepsy and the different types of epilepsy. Start here to learn about the basics of this type of brain disorder. ...
Get the facts on epilepsy types. Identify signs & symptoms of epilepsy. We outline different types of epileptic seizures so you know when to seek help....
How can you know if you're having an epileptic seizure? We outline how doctors clinically diagnose epilepsy and other seizures here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Epilepsy , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.