Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Epilepsy Forum

Epilepsy triggered by not sleeping

im an epileptic
its triggered by not sleeping
before i found this out i thought i was just a bit different that once i lay down in bed it takes between 40mins-a hour to finally drop off to sleep
but now on medication it can take me double the time to get to sleep and its starting to effect my social life
my college life
my life with my girlfriend coz im not a nice person when im tired just really snappy and talk down on people a lot
but im not sure if this is a disorder or not or if its just my medication playing with me
or if its all just in my head
Thanks
Nick
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 12th, 2009
no no don't think there is anything wrong with you. I have had seizures for a long time and mine are from not sleeping as well. When I get over tired or I just wake up I usually have my seizures. Are you having any in your sleep that your aware of?
|

replied January 26th, 2010
how do u no if u r having seizures in yr sleep
|

replied February 15th, 2010
in sleep
nothingleft wrote:
how do u no if u r having seizures in yr sleep

usually someone can tell you or if youve bitten your tongue. some know cause the throw up after
|

User Profile
replied November 30th, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
I would suggest you to have thyroid function tests and sleep studies to sort it out.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Must Read
Click here to learn more about what causes epilepsy and the different types of epilepsy. Start here to learn about the basics of this type of brain disorder. ...
Get the facts on epilepsy types. Identify signs & symptoms of epilepsy. We outline different types of epileptic seizures so you know when to seek help....
How can you know if you're having an epileptic seizure? We outline how doctors clinically diagnose epilepsy and other seizures here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Epilepsy , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.