Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gland Disorders Forum

enlarged thyroid gland and a small nodule

User Profile
Hello,

I have been under alot of stress lately mainly due to the fact that they have detected an enlarged thyroid gland and a small nodule on it.

For about two weeks i have experinced the following symptoms:

-Headaches(I feel mostly stemming from left neck or left eye)
-IF I touch my left temple area there is tenderness and pain, although it has been diminishing.
-Sometimes shooting pain behind left eye
-Feel pressure as if pushing aginst my left temple area(right were there is a small socket in the corner of my left eye, but not that close to ear)
-Sometimes my left neck and shoulder tense up, almost feels like cramping)
-When turning my head in certain positions and even not turning it I get a tingly feeling in my left elbow(inner part) and in my left rib cage at about the same height of my elbow.
-Sometimes get twitching in the upper bridge of my nose.

Some important fact are:
I went to my eye doctor and he told me my optical nerve in the left eye was slightly swollen.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 24th, 2014
Neurological Disorders Answer A48456
Thank you for consulting e-healthforum. The first step is getting Brain MRI. I would not speculate any further until this test is done.

Providing Top Neurology Services in the New York area. Excellence in treating headaches, dizziness, and head pain.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What does it mean to have low levels of thyroid hormone in the body? We outline how doctors define hypothyroidism here....
What medical conditions cause hypothyroidism? And what puts you at risk of developing these conditions? More hypothyroid basics here....
When are symptoms of hypothyroidism serious? When should you seek medical help. Click here to learn when doctors recommend you come in for a visit....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gland Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.