I had gastric bypass and was found to have a fatty liver and enlarged spleen elevated white blood cell count and pain when I take a deep breath..should I be super worried?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 4th, 2016
My husband had his gallbladder removed and they found fatty liver as well. The general surgeon told him it is serious but can be helped by changing his lifestyle. For example being more active and eating healthy foods. I was just diagnosed with severe splenomegaly, which is a very enlarged spleen. I have my consult with a surgeon tomorrow, but I was told I will need a splenectomy because of the size (22 cm). I think in your case it would depend on the size of your spleen and what is causing it to be enlarged. In my case it is caused by a large, splenic epidermoid cyst. I have read that if the spleen is under a certain size, then they may leave it alone and just monitor it periodically. Is the enlarged spleen causing any symptoms? In my case I am in pain a lot of the time.
|

replied May 4th, 2016
I should have added, the main area of pain for me with the spleen issue is a sharp pain when taking a deep breath. It sounds like you have the same symptoms so I would recommend to get it checked out. At least find out the size and cause and talk to a surgeon about it.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Got pain under your left side ribs? Is your left abdomen swollen or tender to touch? You might be dealing with a problem related to the spleen!...
Certain diseases can cause the spleen to swell to several times its normal size. Learn the signs and symptoms of spleen problems here....
An enlarged spleen is the result of an underlying disorder. What spleen disorders do doctors consider during diagnosis? What tests do they use?...